Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully.
By using The Independents Hotel Association website you are agreeing to the following Booking Terms and Conditions. In the Terms and Conditions detailed below, "you" and "your" refers to all named individuals on the booking. "We", "us" and "our" all refer to The Independents Hotel Association.
We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions at any time without any prior notice.
- Making a booking
- Paying for your booking
- Errors and Omissions
- Amendments to your booking
- Special Needs
- Feedback and Complaints
- Availability, Data and Information accuracy
Making a booking
By making a booking you are confirming that you and any additional person(s) named in the booking agree to these Booking Terms and Conditions.
Ultimately, the booking is between you and the hotel booked. We are a hotel marketing association and facilitate a booking service for its member hotels.
When your booking has been made a confirmation email is automatically generated and will be sent to you using the email address that you have entered at the time of booking. Should you not receive an email within 4 hours please call our central reservations team on 01823 481 414 (Monday - Friday; 09:00 till 17:30) to confirm that your booking has been made. You should retain a copy of this confirmation and take it with you to the Hotel for your reference.
You should carefully check the details of your confirmation as soon as you receive it. You must contact us immediately if any of the details are incorrect or incomplete on 01823 481 414 (Monday - Friday; 09:00 till 17:30). In case our offices are closed please contact the hotel directly.
We cannot accept any responsibility for inaccurate information that you have supplied.
Paying for your booking
All bookings made via our website must be guaranteed with a credit or debit card - Visa, Mastercard, Maestro (Switch) or Visa Electron. No monies are taken from your credit card at time of booking. You settle your full account on departure. All prices are quoted in Sterling (Â£GBP) and includes full cooked breakfast and local tax (VAT) at 20.0%. Unless otherwise stated.
Errors and Omissions
Whilst every reasonable care has been taken we reserve the right to correct any errors in advertised and confirmed prices and will do so as soon as we become aware of an error. We will notify you of any price discrepancies relating to your booking should they arise, but we strongly advise you to check that the final price of your booking is correct before making your final confirmation. In the unlikely event of a major error the booking may be void.
Amendments to your booking
You should notify us of any amendments to your confirmed booking as soon as possible. This can be done either by telephone on 01823 481 414 or via email to email@example.com. Amendments are subject to availability and may attract cancellation charges.
If you or any member of your party has special needs which may affect your stay, please either call our Central Reservations Team on 01823 481 414 or ensure that you give requirements in the "Additional Requests" box on your booking form. We will then be bale to check that we can accommodate your needs. If details are not provided to us at the time of booking, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the booking should it be unable to make appropriate provision for a specific need or needs. We cannot be held liable for any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
Feedback and Complaints
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay, at the first instance, you should bring the matter to the attention of the duty manager at the hotel as soon as possible. Should this not resolve the matter and you wish to make a formal complaint, please put it in writing and mark it for the attention of the General Manager of the hotel concerned. We cannot be held liable for any expenses, costs or losses incurred as a result of any complaint that you may have. Ultimately, the matter is between you and the hotel concerned.
Availability, Data and Information accuracy
Whilst every effort is made to keep the website up to date we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, content and availability of our member hotels pages. The ratings and descriptions are maintained by our member hotels and as such are put on our site by them. As an association we try and monitor the accuracy of content and remind member hotels to update their availability.
Should you feel that our site does not reflect the hotel you stayed in, please, forward your comments to:Customer Services, The Independents Hotel Association, Windsor Farm, Capland, Hatch Beauchamp, Taunton, Somerset, TA3 6TR.
We will endeavour to update or change the hotel copy if appropriate.
Cancellations and Non Arrivals
Should it be necessary to cancel your booking the following criteria applies.
- Within the cancellation period: On all confirmed bookings cancelled within the specified cancellation period, there is a Cancellation Charge. This is normally equivalent to the full value of your booking. This includes non-arrivals or instances where you cannot provide proof of cancellation (email or hotel reference number).
- Outside the cancellation period: For all cancellations please contact our central reservations on 01823 481 414 between 09:00 and 17:30 Monday to Friday, should you wish to cancel out of these hours, please contact the hotel direct. A cancellation confirmation will be sent back to the email entered at time of booking.
- Cancellations and changes made by us or the hotel: Hotels are responsible for their availability not us. In the unlikely event that a hotel is unable to accommodate a confirmed reservation it may be necessary cancel your stay, we will tell you as soon as possible. We cannot be held responsible for cancelling your booking and we cannot be held liable for any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
- Non compliance with terms and conditions: We cannot be held responsible for cancelling your booking as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of our Booking Terms and Conditions, and we cannot be held liable for any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
- Behaviour and other circumstances: Should the hotel decide that you or a member of your party behaves in a way that is antisocial, inappropriate or threatening they are entitled to cancel your stay and ask you to leave their premises immediately. Should this occur, no refunds or return travel arrangements will be made and we will not be held liable for any expenses or costs incurred as a result of such action.